Re: Windows Flaws Leak Confidential Information of 300,000 People

  • Subject: Re: Windows Flaws Leak Confidential Information of 300,000 People
  • From: Sinister Midget <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:17:21 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2006-07-01, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 01 July 2006 05:36 \__
>
>> On 2006-06-30, Da'Punk-A <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something
>> concerning:

>>> I read the linked article, and it didn't say what OS the infected
>>> server used.  Maybe you know from somewhere else what software the
>>> Nebraska child-support agency uses, but it doesn't say there.
>>
>> http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/cse/cseindex.htm
>>
>> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.hhs.state.ne.us
>
> Thanks, Sinister. This makes you wonder what type of people that governmental
> department employs. Maybe it's the case of children supporting children.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/cse/cseindex.htm

Right now, the validator can't connect. So I tried. I can't connect
either.

Maybe they received more than their usual 3 hits per month and they
think they're under attack again from this activity of people going to
look. Maybe they finally figured out they need to take it offline after
they were trashed to see if there's more damage* than they knew about.

* Our geniuses did that once. The whole network was bitchslapped with a
  virus. They shut the email system down, but they kept the network
  online, and even left it connected to the internet. 10 days later
  they finally shut it all down when they accidentally figured out the
  virus kept spreading. The machines were reinfecting each other, a
  proposal they never believed was possible.

--
Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows - marriage does.
  -- Groucho Marx