Re: Google cache

__/ [ velvetorama@xxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 03 July 2006 15:06 \__

> My question is: when I visit the cached version of a webpage, thru the
> Google cache, can the owner of the original webpage understand that
> someone has visited their page (even if it's just a cached version)? Do
> they see my IP address for example? Do they get a hit in the visits
> counter? Or am I only "dealing" with Google?

Only Google.. It is a good idea if you want to avoid a (traceable) visit
while actually making one. I have seen sites linking to the cache of a page
rather than the original because, not only does that not credit the article
(like rel="nofollow"), but it also prevents any visit from the ego fairy,
depriving the unfavoured vocation.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | One, Two, Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
  3:10pm  up 66 days 20:13,  11 users,  load average: 1.70, 1.33, 1.10