Re: [News] Vista's Early Security Mistakes?

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 04 July 2006 16:27 \__

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2006/07/load_activex_co.html

>>Nothing like building in a little more pretend security, then running it
>>over with a steamroller in the name of convenience.
>>
>>What next, allowing requests from inside the machine to permanently
>>open ports in the bogus firewall? An extra button that has 47 pages of
>>text to read to see if you want to install a virus or torjan?
>>
>>So, we can expect more of the same from Fisted. Not that I'm bug-eyed
>>surprised.
>
> "Bugs come in through open Windows."
>
> I like the sig! <grin>

Check out Chris'. I like that one too:

"Windows XP. When you need a non-deterministic operating system."

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:50am  up 68 days 12:53,  11 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.53, 0.61