Re: [News] Malware - You Thought it Was Easy...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ,----[ Quote ]
> |
> | Preparing For Attacks
> |
> | ? Always use licensed software...
> |
> | ? Scan all systems regularly...
> |
> | ? Back up all systems on a regular schedule...
> |
> | ? Subscribe to security vendors' e-bulletins...
> |
> | ? Set up a response team...
> |
> | ? Set up a telephone list...
> |
> | ? Make sure that all appropriate personnel...
> |
> | ? Have temporary backup/replacement systems...
> |
> | ? Restoring systems will involve restoring data from firewalls...
> |
> | ? Most attacks are introduced unknowingly by insiders...
> `----

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=190300163&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_All

For US citizens, it sounds more like a post from Homeland Security.   :-)

Dealing with cyber terrorists makes Linux an even greater, practical, viable
option.

I have a problem with a driver conflict on my Dell Latitude 600 MHz laptop.
Every time when the hard disk caches, which is about every 15 seconds
(why?), the mouse pointer goes bonkers.  I think it may be an interrupt
conflict in Windows 2000.  I bought it used six months ago with the OS
loaded.

At work I received a post to install Windows XP on all Windows 2000 systems,
as Microsoft will discontinue support for Windows 2000 in the near future.
This will require replacing all older, usable but slow systems.  Windows XP
runs smoother with 768+ megs RAM.  I already topped out my laptop to 512
megs.

Next OS on it will be Linux.

--
HPT