Re: Microsoft: Learn to love software licences

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft: Learn to love software licences
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:34:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ High Plains Thumper ] on Thursday 06 July 2006 12:54 \__

> Linonut wrote:
>> nessuno belched:
>>
>>> Quote:
>>> ----------
>>> Changes made last week to Microsoft's Windows Genuine
>>> Advantage (WGA) licence management program have caused
>>> mixed feelings among users but the company has insisted
>>> its licensing strategy is mainly aimed at helping users,
>>> not penalising them. ----------
>>
>> That would be "penilizing", I believe.
>
> Per _Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary_
>
>     penalise
>
>     One entry found for penalise.
>     Main Entry: pe·nal·ise
>
>     British variant of PENALIZE

True. I suspect that this debate (which started with Gruff) just carries
on...

"Z" spellings should be associated with Windows, e.g. "ownz" and "WindowZ".

> However, I just got an E-mail from Apple.  It states,
>
>     In the past 30 days has your PC:
>
>     A. Crashed
>     B. Frozen
>     C. Made you want to pummel your
>     screen with a sledgehammer
>     D. All of the above
>
>     It just works. Another reason to own a Mac.

It sounds like uninvited mail (junk mail) to me. I hear that Apple's
marketing department tends to do that...

> I am not advocating Mac, but I found it an interesting point.
> Seems that Mr. Jobs is poking Mr. Gates.
>
> Better yet, "Linux, it just works."  I like that ring.

At least it doesn't /ring/ 'mother ship'. *wink*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html