Re: [News] Firefox Operating System - Based on Linux?

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 06 July 2006 20:00 \__

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/104739.asp?source=rss

>>> ...Makes that Google O/S speculation (Goobutu, among others) return to
>>> life. Maybe they could 'pull a SLED', just like Novell, owing to re-use.
>>> Google has tight relationships with the Mozilla Foundation...
>>
>> That was the beginning of the end for Netscape...getting away from a
>> small lite browser and trying to build all the infrastructure under it.
>>
>> Same for the over-integrated, browser as .dll that IE is.
>>
>> Firefox proved that a browser is a browser.
>>
>> It should browse the web, fast and easily.
>>
>> No matter what it runs on.
>>

> Try Dillo or Lynx.  Firefox may be fast, but not *that* fast. ;-)

Opera is faster than Fox. It is among the fastest Web browsers, if not the
fastest. It's highly dependent on the experiment. I believe table rendering
is the one I had in mind. Launch time, as well as other factors, are
non-trivial to 'blend' sensibly.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  8:20pm  up 70 days  1:23,  12 users,  load average: 0.89, 1.26, 1.23