Windows Vista: What a Disaster! Even to Gurus

Right. So I've been reading this guy's blog regularly. I have been with the
WordPress (FLOSS) community for 2 years and he's the founder and lead
developer. Here's how it goes:

http://photomatt.net/2006/07/05/vista-jump/

* July 5th:

I'm installing Windows Vista on my laptop. Wish me luck. I got a free DVD at
Gnomedex, so figured why not?

* First 3 comments wish good luck to Matt

* 4th comment: "Must be some laptop..."

* Update added to main post: "Upgrade failed (froze), going to try a clean
install."

* Comment update: Finally got it running, had to do a clean install. It's
pretty darn slow.

* Scott Berkun comments (he was project manager of Internet
Explorer 1-5): "I did warn you about this the other day, didn't I? :)" (Scott
uses Firefox, by the way)

* It goes downhill from there.

Is it possible that Vista will be unbloated (including debugging fragments)
and delivered in 2008? The story above reminds me of other stories that
decalred SLED or Ubuntu as winners.