Re: EU investigating new complaint about Microsoft

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:47:11 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> In that case, a fresh complaint can be made to the local consulate (or
> whatever relevant body/person) which references David's letter as precedent,
> as unsupportive as it may seem. The followup to David's letter indicates
> that the vendor has confidence in the choice of the O/S -- a fact that is
> quickly falsified by stating The Quick Facts. I suggest you look at
> Ballard's message posted 2006/07/09, 21:03. It is long, so I will quote the
> relevant bits.

You think Rex knows what he's talking about?  It's trivially easy to
disprove him.  For example, he claims Microsoft doesn't allow OEM's to
include any software that competes with them, such ad competing office
software, yet a quick trip to a common vendor shows a different tale, of
offering things like Corel Wordperfect Office 12 (which, I might add, Dell
"Recommends")

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DB110A&s=dhs

But, as usual, you only hear what you want to.