Re: [News] Choose Windows, Double the Cost of Your PC

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Tuesday 18 July 2006 15:56 \__

>> Personally, I avoid WYSIWYG whenever I get the chance. Not only when it
>> comes
>> to documents, but also when it comes to Web design.
>
>     I agree strongly with this. I like the old WordPefect for DOS, which
>     had
> a split view. Top side took up 80% of the screen and had the markup tags,
> bottom side took up the remaining 20%, and was a WYSIWYG-ish "preview".
>
>     For web design with me, it's TextPad to edit, and FireFox to preview.
>
>     - Oliver

Try LyX < http://www.lyx.org/ >. It's merely a front-end (not a true WYSIWYG
as there is no confining frame, e.g. A4 paper). Been happy with it since
2001 and part of the community since 2005. I rarely have to code directly in
TeX owing to this splendid piece of free, Free, stable, and cross-platform
application.

Best wishes,