Re: Wow, KDE is way too much

  • Subject: Re: Wow, KDE is way too much
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:25:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 17 July 2006 06:22 \__

> NoNamer wrote:
>
>> casioculture@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Thank god for simple Gnome. I just tried the kubuntu-desktop and it was
>>> way too much. A hierarchical menu madness, and all sorts of K-named
>>> apps. So 1990s.
>>
>> Yup... Gnome seems primitive too.

BS! You must be referring to 'out of the box' GNOME. How convenient to
supporting your argument. And how inconvenient can Vista be to one's
hardware... it's utterly intolerant.

>> After using Vista now for a couple weeks - i don't know how i'm ever
>> going to go back to xp or use something else like linux.  I mean, XP
>> feels polished compared to Linux, but Vista makes XP seem like it's
>> from the ice age millions of years ago.
>>
>> I've always liked OSX (eons more polished than Linux - and i think
>> almost better than XP as well (in terms of UI)).
>>
>> But Vista is just way beyond both of them I believe - in one word:  WOW

You mean, like these?

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=26448&file1=26448-1.jpg&file2=&file3=&name=nuoveXT

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=26448&file1=26448-1.jpg&file2=&file3=&name=nuoveXT

Mockup:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=31128&file1=31128-1.jpg&file2=31128-2.jpg&file3=31128-3.jpg&name=Gentle+Gnome+mockup

>> Linux still doesn't even render fonts well yet... lol

Published yesterday:

http://jaganath.wordpress.com/2006/07/16/ubuntu-install-log-6-finally-os-x-like-font-rendering-in-linux/

See the shading in the fonts, as well as sub-pixel hinting.

http://jaganath.wordpress.com/files/2006/07/nautilus.png

> This is fine. So we can expect you to tell garbage like this in windows
> advocacy groups next?

I am still not sue if NoNamer is a troll...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
Cpu(s):  19.9% user,   3.4% system,  13.7% nice,  63.0% idle