Re: Artist wants to load a jpg on a palm??????

__/ [ jimb52@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 15 July 2006 23:18 \__

> I have a jpg file I want to load onto a Palm.  When the palm is turned
> on that single image
> will be the only thing seen.
>
> Can I do that and how?
>
> Would I also need to size the image precisly to fit the screen to the
> Palm?
>
> Thanks for you help.
>
> Jim

Hi,

You  will probably need an image viewing program, unless you
have  one installed already. One things that crossed my mind
is a program that serves a splash screen that is shown for X
seconds  every  time the unit is turned on. I  don't  think,
however,  that  this image can be changed (and deviate  from
the  default choice). As for size, depending on the  program
you  use,  you may have to resize it off-line  (assuming  no
zoom/resize functionality in the program).

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
Tasks: 176 total,   1 running, 157 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie