Re: pr and plagiarism

__/ [ John ] on Saturday 15 July 2006 23:56 \__

>  After the latest PR update I found that all my inter pages dropped to
>  zero.
> Thinking it would adjust the next day I didn't give it much thought. They
> are still sitting at zero so I went to copyscape and put in one of my
> pages, http://www.cjsealing.com/faq.htm
>  Much to my surprise, http://www.prosealers.ca/faq.htm ...  This page has
> 398 words matching your text, as hightlighted below by Copyscape.
>  My serps, I don't even what to talk about them.
>  Maybe I should have introduced myself before ranting. Hi, my name is John
> and have been lurking for over a year now. I know plagiarism is not my only
> problem, some 301's wouldn't hurt along with a few other details. It's not
> an SEO site just a small business site where my customers can go to get
> some info. I guess I can take some comfort in the fact the Yahoo and MSN
> still love me. You type in driveway sealing and I'm still #1. My sons' name
> is Chris, hence the CJ. Like I said it just a small business, father & son
> with some help from my wife.

Hi John,

...Nice to unveil the story behind one's name, especially as
lurkers' presence is rarely felt. *smile*

I suggest that you follow John B.'s advice, but do not spend
too  much time on it, particularly if only a single page was
partly  copied.  The process can be rather  cumbersome  once
started.  I have given up on spam reports once I  discovered
how  unfruitful  they  usually  are  (a  lot  of  SPAM   and
plagiarism   is   even   automated,   which   makes   it   a
brute-force/Windows botnet 'thing'; thus it's impossible for
humans  to keep up with pace). But not everyone agrees  with
this  assertion...  I just find new filtering  methods,  but
it's  unlikely  to work for content that continues to  stand
rather than be deleted.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox
Tasks: 180 total,   2 running, 160 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie