Re: My name being used.

  • Subject: Re: My name being used.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:29:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.legal

__/ [ John DoH ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 03:55 \__

> In article <jetib25k7cnn718618u2lc7glsg036ptlg@xxxxxxx>, me@xxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
>
>> There have been many instances of posts being made by trolls using my
>> addy turtill@xxxxxxxxxxx  For some strange reason there are more than
>> usual today. My posts always have the same header as this one as I use
>> Individual Net News.
>
> But what about when you use datamas or other servers.

Better use electronic signatures. I had imposters in the past -- ones that
posted from open relays and anonymous gateways in order to humiliate me.
Headers can easily be forged, so they cannot be trusted. There is no
substitute for something like PGP/PGP.

Best wishes,