Class Action Over Faulty Software Product

Hi all,

As you may know, Microsoft has ended its support for Windows 98. To quote an
article from yesterday:

---
...when Microsoft released a patch to fix a security bug found in
several versions of Windows, it did not include a fix for 98 or Me,
saying it was "not feasible to make the extensive changes necessary."
The bug could allow an intruder to take control of a computer running
Windows.

 [...]

That doesn't mean computers running these versions of Windows are
obsolete, like the Commodore 64 I still have in my basement.

 [...]

                Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tech/windows98.html
---

To quote another:

,----[ Quote ]
| The medium of infection or transmission is the Internet itself, while
| the host is the Windows PC, invariably penetrated through one of a
| common class of software vulnerabilities.
|
| [...]
|
| Botnets will always be with us as long as Windows remains in its
| current, insecure state.
`----

        http://www.techworld.com/features/index.cfm?RSS&FeatureID=2675

---

This may seem acceptable for some, but these machines are being hijacked and
are joined to form botnets. These botnets account for 80% of all the SPAM
wordwide and the majority of E-mail traffic (yes, the majority originates
from Windows bots). These machines also attack Web sites, including mine.
Given that I spend hours of my time every week combatting SPAM and attacks
launched by Windows machines (I have proof), all of which due to severe
flaws, can a case be made?

Thanking you in advance,

Roy Schestowitz