Re: Wow, KDE is way too much

__/ [ casioculture@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 03:33 \__

> Thank god for simple Gnome. I just tried the kubuntu-desktop and it was
> way too much. A hierarchical menu madness, and all sorts of K-named
> apps. So 1990s.

/Hierarchical/ menus, not /infinitely-long/ menus. Structure caters for
simplicity and does not exclude power/function, shell you ever require it.

Regarding names, grow up. Nobody took Yahoo! or Google seriously until they
became big. Even Mozilla is not the most 'professiona' among names. Same
with The GIMP. Are you choosing applications whose name make a good
conversations? These are only excuses to bash OSS, or utter FUD. How come
no-one criticised Microsoft Wanker?

Bst wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Basket Case
Mem:    514480k total,   442300k used,    72180k free,    55868k buffers