Re: [News] MSFT Performance Wobbles

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 14 July 2006 16:22 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> It's due to spendings (Internet services, fines, XBox 360 losses). I don't
>> think that the profit has actually declined for Microsoft... for quite
>> some time, as a matter of fact. The initial reaction to the announcement
>> about incraeased spendings had the stock drop 11% in just one day.
>
> Well, yes, but that's up against war in the midEast and a near 10
> percent hike in crude in the past few days.

That's true as well. Having said that, the price of oil does not affect
Microsoft at the same level as most others, semi-conductor industry
included. It consumes a lot of energy in the production phase. To Microsoft,
this can be used as means of subverting the truth and waving an excuse. The
decline is aligned with the trend of spending and -- consequently -- the
slowed growth in terms of profits (despite inflation, despite
industrialisation worldwide).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  7:05pm  up 78 days  0:08,  11 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.75, 0.65