Re: Commission imposes penalty payment of euro280.5 million on Microsoft for continued non-compliance with March 2004 Decision

It was on Friday 14 July 2006 12:14 am, that Roy Schestowitz apparently said:

> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Thursday 13 July 2006 13:40 \__
>
>> It was on Thursday 13 July 2006 6:58 am, that Roy Schestowitz apparently
>> said:
>>
>>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 22:10 \__

>>> If the priority is to get them to comply (which it is!), don't even
>>> increase it linearly. First month - 3m per day; second month: 6m per day;
>>> third month: 12m; forth: 24m...
>>>
>>> At some stage, given enough time, they will comply or file for bankruptcy
>>> (or simply retract all business from the EU).
>>
>> Would the EU not be able to seize assets in lieu of unpaid fines?
>
> What assets? It's all about code. Apart from headquarters around the world,
> the company has got nothing but intellect, which it claims is its property.
> It often seems as though Microsoft employs an army of lawyers and marketeers
> rather than good coders.

That's true, *&* they'd sooner employ astrotufers, & offer thousands of $$$ for
info leading to the arrest of virus writers. All that, in fact *anything*, but
actually fix their POS software they laughingly call an OS.

--
Disk full - remove Windows?
Y - Yes!