Re: [News] MSFT Performance Wobbles

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 14 July 2006 09:09 \__

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7BE67D6751%2D7D85%2D45B5%2DB909%2D803BC040C703%7D&source=blq%2Fyhoo&dist=yhoo&siteid=yhoo

> The investment bankers are still talking it up, though.  Presumably,
> they've got so much invested in MS, they don't want to see it crash.  I
> think they could be disappointed...

A quick and shallow news search brings up:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/IndustryInfo/story?id=2184401&page=1

What's Wrong With Microsoft?

As Bill Gates Steps Away, Microsoft Braces Itself Against Mounting
Developmental and Legal Issues

,----[ Quote ]
| July 13, 2006 -- The bloom appears to be fading from the Redmond rose.
|
| Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft Corp., the most powerful technology company
| in the world, has faced a variety of legal and operational hurdles this
| year, leaving some observers to believe the company has peaked and has
| begun a steady slide from industry dominance.
`----

And I'm only quoting the opening paragraph. I have not read further. Such
dysphoric article are becoming the norm rather than the exception among
American media outlets. But it's not pessimism; it's realism.