Re: [News] More Details on the Linux Migration of Kent Police

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Kent Police in switch to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Andy Barker, head of IT at Kent Police, says the architecture has allowed | the force to double its infrastructure to more than 4,000 desktops in the | past two years without expanding support.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/computing/news/2160217/kent-police-switch-linux

I should send this article to the new Mayor of Kent, WA, USA.

Before she was elected I asked her if she would consider supporting Linux and she said that she would be interested in reading more about the topic to evaluate it.

BTW -- for all of you in the Puget Sound area, this weekend, starting today, is the Kent Cornucopia days.

http://www.kcdays.com/

I'll be in the parade on Sunday with the Mike McGavick float.