Re: [News] Croatian Government Prepares Policy for OSS in Offices

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 22:32 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Croatian government defined open source policy
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
> http://kost.com.hr/blog/index.php?title=croatian_government_defined_open_source_&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
>>>
>>> Original:
>>>
>>> http://www.e-hrvatska.hr/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=132 (in
>>> Croatian)
>>
>> Fantastic!  It is truly a rare thing to see governments taking the lead,
>> but in this area, so many are doing such a good job.  I'm just waiting
>> for HMG to wake up to this!
>
> I saw a comment which refers to similar efforts in Slovenia. There is a
> particular Linux advocate there whom I sort of know (electronically) and he
> seems to suggest that the region as a whole is examining a move to Open
> Source technologies. I find many people from these countires in SourceForge.

I've had several au-pairs from Czech and Slovak rep - as you say, they
seem to be picking it up fairly quickly there.  I've a good mate who's a
Kosovan/Albanian - he edits an Albanian language linux general website.

I think a lot of these regions do not have all that much actual
investment in MS, so they're not quite so strung out with the exit costs
as other governments.  good luck to them!

One of the disadvantages of having children is that they eventually get old
enough to give you presents they make at school.
		-- Robert Byrne