Re: The Way We Were

__/ [ Kier ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 17:09 \__

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:39:52 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Kier ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 15:23 \__

>>> <snip>

>>> Then you'd need something like DSL, which may work on such hardware (and
>>> I think there are a few other tiny distros of a similar nature around).
>>> It's amazing what you can squeeze into 50 MB!
>>
>> I gave that laptop to my sister last year. I don't believe she ever uses
>> it though. *frown* I might just grab it back if she admits that it only
>> sits in some drawer, or the briefcase.
>>

> Even old kit does have its uses, it would be a pity to have it wasted if
> it can be put to use.

I really can't think of any use for it. But I'll carry on thinking. The only
scenario where I could use a laptop is when I travel, but even then there's
the PDA with the foldable keyboard, which are lighter and easier to pull and
push in/out of one's pocket, as well as operate within a second. That's
actually why I gave up on laptops in the first place, after 6 years. Battery
life is the root of many evils, too.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:20pm  up 75 days 23:23,  11 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.78, 1.20