Re: Washington Mutual Moves from Solaris/UNIX to Windows, Now Deep in Trouble

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Tom Shelton ] on Saturday 29 July 2006 09:24 \__
>
> > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >> Glitch continues to plague Washington Mutual
> >>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]

> >> `----
> >>
> >> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.wamu.com
> >
> > Roy - go back and re-read the article and the information from
> > netcraft, and then come back and explain in detail how the title of
> > this article even remotely resembles reality.
>
> Admittedly,  I  read only the first three paragraphs  before
> doing  a  Netscraft  lookup.  I have just  read  the  entire
> article  and  there is nothing to directly  indicate  what's
> described  in the subject line.

Then why did you use that subject line?

> Netcraft, however, indicates
> that the older system was migrated to IIS, which is probably
> where problem began.

I'm not seeing that.  If their was a change in OS it happend 2 years
ago.  So, I fail to see how it has anything to do with their current
situation.

>  Whether the platform or the programmers
> (or another factor) should take the blame, there's no way to
> tell (the E-mail were not detailed enough). Either way, it's
> quite a blunder and a major inconvenience to customers whose
> system was moved to a Windows architecture.

It was moved a long time ago, Roy.  Read the last changed dates.  This
is a programming issue.  They blew it trying to add new features.
Apparently, they need to do a little more testing before deploying
stuff to a production server.

<snip>

--
Tom Shelton