Re: [News] Dreamweaver on Linux and New Linux Dreamweaver Alternative

  • Subject: Re: [News] Dreamweaver on Linux and New Linux Dreamweaver Alternative
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:20:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

http://blog.publicidadpixelada.com/how-to-dreamweaver-8-in-ubuntu-in-10-easy-steps/

>>> Nice, youve posted a link to instructions on how to get windows
>>> application to run under wine.  That's so helpful.
>>>

>>> Also, in the instructions it is suggested that the user pirate
>>> Dreamweaver.
>>>
>>> Yeah, youre helping.

>> And *you're* helping to reaffirm that the WinTrolls in this NG are
>> all dead from the neck up.

> Ummm...

>> Nowhere in that article does it suggest that anyone should *steal*
>> the software; the words used are "dreamweaver.exe MUST be cracked
>> or patched", that is *not* the same as using a pirate copy.

> You're a pirate apologist, and you're clearly advocating the
> pirating of windows software, I suspect, because you have no regard
> or respect for the people who write it.

I suspect that you're an idiot. Explain exactly how I am advocating
piracy by drawing a distinction between hacking and theft.

>> I remember often using "cracks" on legitimate software; e.g. to
>> enable playing games without repeatedly swapping in and out the
>> install disks (a process that has now been refined using the
>> so-called "mini-ISO" method).

> Yes, but thats not necessary with dreaweaver.

Well the author of that article seems to think otherwise.

>> Presumably Dreamweaver uses some DRM software that cannot be
>> emulated under Linux, and so running DW under Wine will fail the
>> DRM check, unless that DRM is bypassed. Bypassing some draconian
>> DRM measure is *not* the same as "piracy".

> Wrong.  You can either apply a legitimate license key--or you can
> apply a cracked license key.  Have you ever actually used
> dreamweaver?

Have *you* ever actually used Dreamweaver under Wine, without using
the cracked binary? I'm sure the author would welcome your /extensive/
experience.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 16:19:30 up 40 days, 16:36,  3 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.22, 0.32