Re: [News] Dreamweaver on Linux and New Linux Dreamweaver Alternative

  • Subject: Re: [News] Dreamweaver on Linux and New Linux Dreamweaver Alternative
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:40:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
yttrx wrote:
Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yttrx wrote:
HOW-TO: Dreamweaver running on Ubuntu in 10 EASY Steps!

http://blog.publicidadpixelada.com/how-to-dreamweaver-8-in-ubuntu-in-10-easy-steps/

Aptana is a robust, JavaScript-focused IDE for building dynamic web
applications.

http://www.aptana.com/

There's also NVU:

http://www.nvu.com/index.php
Nice, youve posted a link to instructions on how to get windows application to run under wine. That's so helpful.

Sure is, for those who don't already know.

Also, in the instructions it is suggested that the user pirate Dreamweaver.

Hmm, that falls into a rather grey area. I've not recently read the Dreamweaver EULA, is there anything in it that prevents you running your copy under wine?

Did you actually follow the link and read the text? Here, let me do it for you:

"/*IMPORTANT: The dreamweaver.exe MUST be cracked or patched, otherwise it will not load under linux, try searching in Google for a crack*/"

See?

Sure, saw it the first time too. Your point?

A crack or patch is not the same as piracy.

True, they do say that you will need to patch your copy to remove the windows centric protection, but that doesn't necessarily make your copy illegal.

What else would you call a "crack"?
A method of changing the functionality of a binary encoded executable.

Again, what's your fucking point?

Yeah, youre helping.

More than you at this point.

Let's have less moaning and more discussion, please.

Alright mister 31337 "ath.cx"-i-know-how-to-click-around-dyndns.org, lets hear it? What's your experience exactly?

Ah, I see. Just a troll, I should have known.

This is the part where you get to say you've won.

Plonk.