Re: [News] Cold War for Linux (Commercial Computer Game) Released

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 18:17 \__

>> http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/info.php?id=24&;
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | Cold War is complete on one DVD-Rom
>> |
>> | Cold war is due to be released on July 31st 2006
>> `----
>
>     The screenshots certainly look very impressive. However this one
> http://i2.linuxgamepublishing.com/gamegraphics/24/screenshot3.jpg seems to
> imply that the game will be paused while you decide which action to take
> via a pop up menu (note the "back to game" option). Can anyone who played
> this game comment on how this works?

I admit that I have not played this particular game, but it does not seem
abnormal for shoot-em'-up games. Even if you play on the network you can
alter some stuff while your figure remains idle in the game... you just hide
before you do anything like that and hope for the best when you return.