Re: [News] BBC: Over 96% of E-mail is SPAM

Roy Schestowitz explained on 27/07/2006 :
More than 95% of e-mail is 'junk'

,----[ Quote ]
More than 95% of e-mail is junk, be it spam, error messages or
viruses, report mail monitoring firms.

[...]

Further work has shown that most of this junk mail is originating
on hijacked home computers.

E-mail security firm Return Path said 99% of the computers it monitors
that send mail have been taken over by spammers or virus writers.

Microsoft Windows MUST be illegalised.

It would be easier for ISPs to wake up and use at least /some/ form of mail filtering at the sending stage. Lots of ISP now filter incoming mail; but leave themselves open to abuse by having SMTP that requires no authorisation and no limits on the amount of spam.. err, 'mail' that can be sent per hour.

Still, I suppose it keeps them busy.

--
I'd have a fancy signature, but I haven't thought of one yet.