Re: Cum mortuis in lingua mortua

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 10:25 \__

> It means, "With the dead in a dead language".  It's about MS and
> standards, in this case, VML vs SVG.
>
> Quote:
> ------------
> But it is worse than this. I wouldn't have bothered writing this just
> to point out something you already know, that Internet Explorer slowly
> or never adopts relevant web standards. The thing I wish to bring to
> your attention is that VML, the same VML rejected in 1998, is now being
> proposed as part of the draft Ecma Office Open XML.
> ------------------
> End quote
>
> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2006/07/cum-mortuis-in-lingua-mortua.html

Internet Explorer will never support standards. Aversion to standards is what
compels some users to stick with it, leaving them no choice.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/47208/47208.html?Ad=1

,----[ Quote ]
| My advice is simple: Boycott IE (early version of 7) . It's a cancer on
| the Web that must be stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't
| standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable both for end
| users and Web content creators.
`----

I have seen users whom I tried to convert to Firefox go back only because of
Internet Explorer's poison (propagated through ignorance of Web developers).