Re: Microsoft Upset Over Groklaw's Article on ODF

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:50:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Here comes the anti-PJ/Groklaw FUD. Her site is getting bigger and busier by
> the day, so this was bound to happen.

No, it's just stupid.  First, Microsoft isn't writing the ODF plug-in.
They are merely providing project management support.  Clever Age and
others are writing it.

Second, it's open source, so you should understand that open source usually
releases a limited functionality first version and then that is built upon.
Weren't you guys bitching about Microsoft's licensing not allowing partial
implementations of OpenXML for precisely this reason? (The license doesn't
forbid that, by the way)

> This joins the fight against the credibility of Slashdot. Soon enough they
> might target Digg as well, since it has become one of the busiest sites on
> the Web and people have loudly complained that its members do not favour
> Microsoft. Here, for example, is an item that appeared at the front page
> some hours ago:
> http://digg.com/security/Symantec_Reveals_Way_of_Pwning_Windows_Vista

Coincidentally, submitted by YOU?  Funny how you don't mention that, and
try to pawn it off as an objective comment.

> Some time ago in COLA there was a small discussion about Microsoft sending
> somebody to spy on PJ (I sent her a copy), which seems to be similar to what
> Didiot has been subjected to. The difference is between that of an advocate
> (voluntary) and a shill (paid). Whatever framework of Munchkin surrounds
> Microsoft, it is as sick as the Draconian, fraudulent brand.

So let me get this straight.  The only difference between and advocate and
a shill is payment?