Re: Why OpenOffice? Because you Get to Keep the Car

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Tuesday 25 July 2006 16:34 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft offers you a "test drive" so that you can see what Microsoft
>> | Office 2007 might look like when it finally goes on sale.
>> |
>> | The OpenOffice.org Community invites you to go one better - download
>> | a fully-functional, legal copy of the OpenOffice.org 2 office suite
>> | todayf or a test drive. If you like it, use it free for as long as you
>> | like. We say it's the ultimate no-strings-attached test drive - if you
>> | enjoy the test drive, keep the car!
>> `----
>>
>> http://why.openoffice.org/
>>
>> I think they took/borrowed the analogy from desktoplinux.com...
>
> Of course, if you really like what you see, but you want even more
> "luxury", "power", and "style", you can purchase/download StarOffice
> from Sun.  You get more wizards, stationary, style sheets, and all of
> the "aids" you loved in MS-Office, for a mere $80.
>
> And OpenOffice users can read these "enhanced" documents without having
> to buy the extra software.
>
> Now THAT"S some flexibility!!

There's  another  catch  to buying the  expensive  car  from
Mircosoft  (Office).  Sometime, you see, the bumper, or  the
roof   (it's  a  convertible),  or  the  window  will  bust.
Intruders  will then drive your car into a wall (SPAM), or a
tree  (DDOS/zombie  armies). Sometimes they will also  steal
and  replicate whatever information you have on the driver's
seat and the back seat, later pretending to be the owners of
the  car. When you contact the police (for patches) you will
be ignored for 3 months, if not forever.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
  6:05pm  up 5 days  6:20,  9 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.78, 0.65