Re: Anti Troll FAQ

  • Subject: Re: Anti Troll FAQ
  • From: Sinister Midget <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:26:15 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2006-07-24, Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<4ikfn8F47douU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> 	B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> On Monday 24 July 2006 17:48 Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> <4ikbh4F3vve5U2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

>>:-)
>>
>> Seriously, Roy:-
>> "When the percentage of Troll posts, including followups
>> exceeds about 75% of the total posts, most readers seem to
>> just give up and unsubscribe"
>>
>> That is most likely true?
>> Certainly I sense that it is, and I reckon that Our Friends sense it
>> too.  Previously, I had thought that the only way was to persuade
>> people *not* to respond to trolls.
>> Roy S. has shown us the other way - for a better signal to noise
>> ratio, if you can't cut down the noise, put *up* the signal!  Now
>> you see why they hate him....:-)
>
> I agree with you. The Roy S. affect has been quite amazing. Erik is
> just utterly pathetic and reduced to a laughing stock.

I disagree. Erik was *already* utterly pathetic and a laughing stock.
What he's turned into (thanks to Roy) is a whiny, sniveling crybaby in
a gaggle of whiny sniveling crybaby trolls.

These days he can't get a (FUD) word in edgewise most of the time.
Every time he manages get anything at all in, it's usually another page
from his Personal Vendetta Handbook, Chapter Roy.

--
Windows: In what position would you like to be taken today?