Re: [News] Who 0wnz Your Computer?

http://www.apcstart.com/site/admin/2006/07/675/antivirus-its-as-bad-as-malware-itself

> Also see:
>
> Dell Charges $49 to Remove Their Own Spyware
>
> http://www.michaelrighi.com/2005/07/21/dell-spyware-my-way/

We all know now of machines infected within minutes of hitting the Internet
for the first time, i have seen it for myself. It would help if the vendors
enabled the Symantec security suite before first boot, it can be done that
way, the down side being that the Symantec license period starts on the day
that they do that, a grace period by Symantec could help with that.

I have to say I find it hard to believe that any vendor would actually put
that much junk onto a new PC, as he shows in the picture on your first
link, it wouldn't pass without a mention in the computer press or online.
So I just can't bring myself to believe him.