Re: Can Roy take a hint? Probably not

Jim wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:54:01 +0000, Jim wrote:
>>

>>> Amount of traffic in no way reflects upon the *quality* of said traffic.
>>> You may make one or two relevant, even enlightened posts, during your
>>> time here, but when it is diluted by crap, that makes your overall score
>>> very, very low.
>>
>> His posts taken one at a time promote very little discussion.
>> Maybe one or two responses.
>> Of course now that the cat's out of the bag, his shills (Mark Kent) are
>> posting like mad to boost Roy's reply count.
>>
>>> Roy makes lots of posts. I'd say 95% on topic, even if they are news
>>> blurbs, but they are /on topic/. I can't think of any recent offtopic
>>> posts made by him, but any he may have made will not have affected his
>>> score any.
>>
>> Roy is generally on topic, I'll give him that, but he would be more
>> effective if he collected them and posted a couple of messages with all
>> the links rolled into a couple of posts.
>>

>>> Ho hum. Back to cloning Debian installations, I suppose...
>>
>> Hopefully you are making $$$ off of it.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> Though not for the next couple weeks, I've got to watch the house while
> the back wall's off (it's getting rebuilt from the foundation to the eave,
> and new windows too [glass variety!]). I can prep some stuff while I'm
> under the self-imposed house arrest, and keep bugging the missus to get me
> more Dr. Pepper to keep me sane for the interim.

Addendum: and yes, I tend to agree that daily digests of news blurbs would
be more useful than one-per-post. Certainly it would promote more on-topic
discussion /about/ the blurbs than what has been seen lately (which has
been pretty much either people complaining about them or others rebutting
those complaints as offtopic for the group and... oh, I'm getting a
headache).
--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.