Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha

  • Subject: Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha
  • From: John Hastings <jh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:49:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:08:42 -0700, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Martha,
>
> You're the only non-troll who has objected to Roy's posts, based on what
> I've read in this newsgroup, so I take your criticism seriously. But I

Count me in as one who objects to Roy's posts.  Not because I disagree
with them but because I want to read an advocacy group, not a newsfeed.
Yes, I do filter them out on my machine, but can't if I am using someone
else's.

The above is not a big problem, but as I have pointed out that unless you
are using a paid news server with deep retention, then his posts will blow
everything else off the bottom of the freebie stack in short order.

One good thing about it, though.  Trolls seem to have moved on since it is
tough to get a non-news word in edgewise.

JH