Re: Can Roy take a hint? Probably not

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:28:00 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <pan.2006.07.22.08.12.41.801210@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kier wrote:
>>> Doesn't Linux have any good RSS readers?  For those of us using Macs,
>>> Roy's news posts are almost completely redundant, as Macs come with a
>>> good RSS reader.
>>>
>>> Anyone know what the state of RSS reading is on Windows?  Is it only
>>> Linux people who have to rely on someone reposting Linux (and Windows)
>>> news to see it?
>>
>> You know very well it has nothing to do with that. Don't be disingenuous,
>> Tim.
>
> Sure it has.  I find it astounding that people claiming to be Linux
> advocates can be so out of touch with Linux news that they find reposted
> snippits (often with misleading subject lines) actually useful.  And with
> RSS and a decent reader, it's not like it takes any non-trivial effort to be
> well informed.

It's nothing to do with that. You know that, Tim, yet, you're pretending
you don't, which I find reprehensible. You have seemed to be in the past a
fairly reasonable, balanced poster, but now all you seem to do is act like
a dick.

Do you like being bracketed with Erik?

If some of Roy's News items seem off-base to you, why not challenge them
in the thread, or generate better poinsts yourself, rather than whining?

I may not find the News postings compelling myself, but I don't assume
others won't have a use for them.

--
Kier