Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Saturday 22 July 2006 13:55 \__

>>> Hmmm, the above process is for blocking (plonking) a usenet poster in MS
>>> Outlook Express. A quick header check confirms this. This could lead one
>>> to conclude that you Martha, are nothing more than a wintroll, posting to
>>> a Linux newsgroup.
>>> The process to accomplish this in the Linux based usenet newsreader Pan is
>>> this:
>>> Click on <Articles>, Click on <Plonk Author>, be sure and check <Never
>>> Expire>, Click on <Add and Rescore>
>>>
>>> And Lo, no more Martha Adams. Now COLA is a much better place.
>>> Goodbye Martha Adams.
>>>
>>> PLONK
>>
>> Ah - Knode is less refined - click Scoring=>Lower_score_for_author, and it
>> gets filtered out..... don't get an automatic *PLONK* though.
>

> CTRL+L (with the offensive author in focus) achieves this quickly. By
> default, the rule expires after a month.

For slrn, just press 'k' with the offending post selected, and then
choose the appropriate option (author) and select group or all groups
and give a period.

As the scorefile is plain text, you can edit it to mess around with
headers, put simple regexes in, and so on. M-1-k gets the scorefile up
in $EDITOR.

>> I believe that OE has another innovation as well - places the cursor at the
>> top of quoted text?
>

> There's QuoteFix to address this design bug. Actually, I blogged about this
> issue just a few days ago... FWIW: <
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/07/19/outlook-discourages-email/
>>. I personally opine that Thunderbird, once loaded with extensions, is
> better than Microsoft Outlook. YMMV.

To be honest, pretty much everything is better than outlook.

Q:	What's yellow, and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice?
A:	Zorn's Lemon.