Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha

  • Subject: Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha
  • From: Sinister Midget <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:53:15 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2006-07-22, B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Saturday 22 July 2006 12:42 Brad wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 05:06:07 +0000, Martha Adams wrote:
>>
>>> The Schestowitz problem is basically, that spinning off posts like
>>> a July 4 pinwheel, Schestowitz must be incredibly active and
>>> productive; or, he's not accomplishing so much after all because
>>> his posts are shallow, trivial, and repeat information available
>>> in better form elsewhere.  Obviously, for Schestowitz, the
>>> second option is the one in effect.  The remedy is simple and
>>> while I believe almost anybody here can do it easily, I'll
>>> outline it anyway.  I'm working presently in Microsoft Outlook
>>> Express.
>>>
>>> Click on Tools at the top of the window; choose Message
>>> Rules, choose Block Senders List.  Probably it will be empty.
>>> Now add 'newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', into the window
>>> there.  Schestowitz isn't sending me any emails, so I chose
>>> the option, 'News Messages.'
>>
>> Hmmm, the above process is for blocking (plonking) a usenet poster in MS
>> Outlook Express. A quick header check confirms this. This could lead one
>> to conclude that you Martha, are nothing more than a wintroll, posting to
>> a Linux newsgroup.
>> The process to accomplish this in the Linux based usenet newsreader Pan is
>> this:
>> Click on <Articles>, Click on <Plonk Author>, be sure and check <Never
>> Expire>, Click on <Add and Rescore>
>>
>> And Lo, no more Martha Adams. Now COLA is a much better place.
>> Goodbye Martha Adams.
>>
>> PLONK
>
> Ah - Knode is less refined - click Scoring=>Lower_score_for_author, and it
> gets filtered out..... don't get an automatic *PLONK* though.
> I believe that OE has another innovation as well - places the cursor at the
> top of quoted text?

So does Outhouse. Which is the kludgeware product for "smart" business
people to use for playing on the internet with adults.

I always let Martha go up to now. She's never had much of interest to
me that kept me reading her, but I never saw any harm in whatever she
posted. Too bad she wants to ally herself with the likes of Flatfart,
Ewik, DuFS, Timmy and others of that ilk.

Oh well. Another vote (among the many) for Roy to continue.

--
What kind of dumb menu system is that? Oh, so /that's/ Windows.