Re: Microsoft confirms 'iPod Killer'

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Saturday 22 July 2006 05:25 \__

> Given Microsoft history - being unable to kill anything (through legal
> means, that is) it is safe to predict that we will be witnessing
> another colossal flop.
>

> http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/21/technology/microsoft.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes
>
> -Ramon F Herrera

Maybe  if they sell this 'killer' for $50 they can 'win', at
least  as far as number of sales are concerned. This was the
strategy  taken  with  the XBox 360, which  has  accumulated
losses  of 4 billion dollar (and still counting). This  loss
is  above and beyond expectations (hardware failures cost  a
lot  of  unaccounted for loss). Then, Microsoft will  change
the way it reports revenue/profits, by merging divisions and
hiding   losses   (saving   face).  I   suspect   that   the
entertainment  division is among those that already  perform
poorly. Remember Bob?

Best wishes,