Re: [News] Dutch municipality Chooses Migration to OpenOffice, Prepares for Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
<snip>

>>> And Babelfish did handle "De wereld draait op informatie"; it coughed up
>>> "The world twists on information".  (I suspect "moves" would be an
>>> alternate, better formulation.)
>>>

>> I'd probably prefer "The world runs on information"
>>

> Yeah, but "twists" works so well in other contexts. :-)
> After all, look what the Wintrolls are trying to do now
> as it twists and turns to avoid the multitude of Linux
> wins lately. :-)

It's becoming more and more of an avalanche.  Roy's news service is
really helpful, indeed, I'm storing a few of his posts for my own use in
my day job, as they're very helpful indeed.

I commented a couple of years back that I thought that the need for the
more traditional kind of advocacy was probably over - the stuff where it
probably was worthwhile crossing swords with Erik F and others;  as
they've not really come up with anything new in the last couple of
years, that need has evaporated, and we're moving more towards an
environment where we can develop good stores of background information
for advocacy elsewhere.

So perhaps you're right, and twists would be best after all.

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.
		-- Doug Gwyn