Re: [News] Internet Explorer Damages Intel Itanic Webcast

  • Subject: Re: [News] Internet Explorer Damages Intel Itanic Webcast
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:20:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 19 July 2006 21:06 \__

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This one actually wasn't that bad. This time it was a technical problem
>> | with the webcast. Once again, companies just don't get it, they won't
>> | allow you to watch the webcast with anything other than the
>> | unacceptable security risk known as Internet Explorer.
>> `----
>>
>>                http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33114
>
>     I don't understand what "damage" was done. From my understanding, the
> author tried to view a webcast via FireFox, could not, and gave up. Is
> there more to it than that in this story?

It's one of these Inquirer articles that probably skip their
way  past  the  editor's  approval. The  Register  has  some
similar  articles  where  the title  is  probably  carefully
chosen by the Editor-in-chief. Personally, I am not too fond
of  such  write-ups that resemble blogs, content-wise  (also
narration).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
Cpu(s):  12.7% user,   2.3% system,   0.6% nice,  84.5% idle