Re: (OT) F*ck the Police

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Friday 21 July 2006 13:00 \__
>
>> On 2006-07-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Many apologies for an off-topic post, but consider this a warning. I have
>>> just witnessed a serious crime and the police lied to me in order to
>>> gather evidence.
>>
>>  It happens, and worse, too. Google for "Lester Siler". (The American
>> media was far too occupied with Superbowl wardrobe malfunctions when it
>> happened for the case to get widespread coverage, sadly.)
>>
>>  I think most cops probably are as honest as humans ever are. But there
>> are plenty of lazy, incompetent, and unethical ones, too. :-/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_Siler
>
> Fortunately, I am beginning to forget about last night and I gradually leave
> it all behind. I spoke to the head of department last night and you ought to
> see (hear?) the vanity and deceit that they embrace. He seemed a bit
> frightened when I accused them of lying to me and also dropping me off the
> police vehicle where the criminals apparently still lurked. They probably
> would have attacked me if I was as slim-built as the victim.

The sad result of such behaviour is that it tends to put the public off
getting involved at all, even when dreadful acts of violence are being
committed.  I've witnessed a few crimes over the years, and have made
statements.  So far, there's been no comeback, but you never know.

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.
		-- Doug Gwyn