Re: A Linux Powered Internet Cafe

__/ [ x0054 ] on Friday 02 June 2006 05:30 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 16:57 \__

>>> Don't know where you're at -- but real estate is falling in value in
>>> many American cities, so it might be worth your while to wait.
>>
>> If you carry on with this dream, I wish you the best of luck. With
>> Internet cafes, location and /visibility/ to the public are probably
>> the most important factors. Remember that to most, the ideaology of
>> Open Source (or some Linux mantra) is utterly meaningless. That said,
>> many are curious, so they may enter the shape as means of getting a
>> taste of Linux. Be sure to sell some popsicles, right beside the
>> Penguin. But no popsicles when using the keyboard...!
>>
>> Roy
>>

> Get a few fast systems to run doom, tremulous, quake and all the other
> teem capable games in multiplayer. Then stock up on red bull and collect
> the money :) If you get good systems they will come :)

Will this still be called an Internet Cafe? No Internet. No Cafe. Should be
called a "Quake Bar" or........... *AHA*........ An _Open Source_ Quake
Zone... could modify the package source to have a Tux at the bottom of the
screen...

> BTW, I second that comment about real estate going down in most places.
> If you going to sell, sell now, if buy, wait just a bit.
>
> Where are you at?

Yes, I wondered the same thing...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:15am  up 35 days 13:47,  16 users,  load average: 3.27, 2.76, 1.75