Re: Where should I be submitting?

  • Subject: Re: Where should I be submitting?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:12:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Friday 02 June 2006 21:02 \__

> "JDL" <whatchoogot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Google, DMOZ, Yahoo (paid or unpaid), MSN...etc.
>>
>> Where should I be concentrating as far as submitting ?
>
> Wrong question: you should be concentrating on writing good content. If
> that's done, you might start submitting, but not with Google, Yahoo, MSN.

If you write a good article, don't be shy to submit it to Digg or Slashdot
(just do this tactfully). Other than that, link to your site from public
user profiles, signatures in some open forums (example below), and submit
the URL to sites such as GeoURL and DMOZ (if anyone maintains the category
in question at all!). Make no submissions to search engines. They couldn't
care less if you have not earned citations.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:05am  up 36 days 12:37,  10 users,  load average: 2.17, 1.84, 1.68