Re: [News] Truths and Myths of OSS

__/ [ arachnid ] on Friday 02 June 2006 16:33 \__

> On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:41:38 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Friday 02 June 2006 14:18 \__

>>>  I find that a lot of sites let you in if you set your user-agent
>>>  string
>>> to mimic Googlebot. This is one. :->
>>

>> Wow! Nice trick which I was never aware of... I already have the Agent
>> Switcher Extension for Firefox...
>
> Bug-me-not is pretty handy, too. It's a database of websites and various
> username/password pairs that bugmenot users have registered for them. The
> firefox extension automatically queries the database and plugs in a
> username/password. Last time I checked the plugin had disappeared from the
> Firefox extensions page but you can get it from the bugmenot page:
>
>   http://www.bugmenot.com

The Scroogle search bar add-on also got kicked out of the Mozilla Web site. I
guess these fall under a certain grey area, which the Mozilla _Foundation_
(bow to the Queen, my dear!) cannot permit. Thanks for the pointer. This
sounds like a nice Web 2.0 concept (share the accounts with the community).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
  7:55am  up 36 days 14:27,  10 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.75, 0.92