Re: Ballmer Defends Spending; MSFT Drop Continues

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:13:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>IBM recommend Linux to their
>clients...

At least with Linux, a sufficiently big business has some chance of
blocking spies: terrorists, kids, competitors, anarchists, the
government and foreign governments.

That may become the overriding concern. The more people using an OS
the more money for its polishing.

MS could suffer a panic loss of confidence from just one
terrorist-related attack even if it were no more fatal than a nasty
virus.  It could even happen from a prank masquerading as a terrorist
attack.

To get serious about making OSes secure, including roving OSes,
I think hardware needs to me redesigned along the lines of my "dark
room" concept with much more air-tight compartments for applications.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/darkroom.html

Apps need protection from spying or modification by the OS and other
apps and vice versa.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."