Re: [News] Laura Didiot's Latest FUD Campaign

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 16:22 \__

> On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:55:09 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:07 \__

>>> A "monetary handout".....a euphemism for more M$ bribery?
>>
>> Yes, but that's rather normal. They did it with GoDaddy quite recently and
>> some Web hosts are telling me that Microsoft even pay for the hardware if
>> someone wishes to ditch Linux.
>
> Speaking of GoDaddy:-
> http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20060604

*LOL* Good one. In the search engine newsgroup, it was only 20 minutes ago
that someone asked about GoDaddy. I explained the 'situation' and even
appended this timely comic.

>> By the way, my "Ditch Apple for Ubuntu Linux" submission reached the front
>> page, whereas two submissions of the article in question (Didiot) were
>> probably suppressed by my comments. *smile* They will get buries.
>
> Well done! ;-)

Make that 3:

digg.com/linux_unix/Windows_More_Reliable_Than_Linux..._Unix_Beats_them_Both#c1898977
digg.com/linux_unix/Reliability_Survey:_Windows_Servers_Beat_Linux_Boxes
digg.com/software/Windows_Servers_Beat_Linux_Boxes...

No Diggs since my comments were posted. *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
  5:20pm  up 39 days 22:53,  11 users,  load average: 2.44, 2.04, 2.04