Re: [News] The Abundance of Linux Commercial Vendors

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 07:09 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Ubuntu in abundance
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A Linux distribution run by a South African millionaire and based on
>> | Debian is seeing a spike in support from major vendors. Is there room
>> | in the market for more than two commercialized open source OSes?
>> `----
>>
>>         http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=39671
>
> Sure, as long as Microsoft keeps pimping Ubuntu to cut into Novell and
> RedHat's profits.
>
> Sure.

No conspiracy theories here. /Any/ commercial Linux distributer (expect a
Ubuntu IPO, much as in Trolltech), is lowering the popularity of Windows.
Besides that, I might add, Microsoft has got some Linux servers running
in-house. Ironically, they have expressed satisfaction with those. Maybe
they will one day follow the footsteps of Little Brother Oracle and ponder
the takeover of a Linux company, much like Novell-SuSE (at a time when
Novell was predominantly a Windows-NetWare supplier).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
  7:10am  up 40 days 12:43,  11 users,  load average: 1.28, 1.21, 1.28