Re: Can promoting affiliates with similar themes ro your site backfire?

  • Subject: Re: Can promoting affiliates with similar themes ro your site backfire?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:13:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Borek ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 10:07 \__

> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:49:06 +0200, XyZed <xyzed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible for your promotion of them,  to so boost their SERP's
>> that they could start beating your own site for the term - and start
>> getting the traffic directly instead of through your links?
>
> Highly doubtfull - you can pass only part of the 'juice' you have. To beat
> you they will have to be linked from several sites like yours. If I am
> wrong, you have just discovered new black hat technique 'chain sites' ;)

Links farms were just the mutual boosting of one another, which is similar,
albeit it makes much more sense. I guess that chain sites would be the
equivalent of an endless accumulation of energy, whereas link farms are
closed system that preserves its total energy. Sadly for many search
engines, they used to inject energy for links (what the OP suspects is still
the case), which gifted a farm link spammer with energy out of nowhere (no
point of origin), even with organic, automagically-generated content.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
 10:05am  up 40 days 15:38,  11 users,  load average: 1.32, 0.65, 0.44