Re: A wee message to the other Roy

  • Subject: Re: A wee message to the other Roy
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:45:14 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 04:11:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The attacks on Rex annoyed me more than the rest of them Linux-bashing posts
> (e.g. more latterly -- "Linux is Dead"). When the trolls get personal, this
> only comes to show how low they will descend. The joke is on them.

If you don't want people to know your personal business, don't splatter it
all over a website and then blame others for calling you to task.

> Speaking of which, Erik was not just trying to defend his beloved
> Microsoft.

I must have missed that part.
Where is the word Microsoft mentioned in his post?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dbb4e98895553672?hl=en&;

He was trying to defend Robert Scoble as well.

Huh?

Where does Erik mention Scoble in his post?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dbb4e98895553672?hl=en&;

And BTW you DID get shaked and baked in one thread where you tangled with
Scoble whom BTW I had never heard of.
He seems to have a loyal following though and they ripped you a new one.

Life is tough trying to advocate Linux in the real world outside the folds
of COLA isn't it?
Well you'll be going out into the real world soon and you'll surely find
out for yourself.

> His reputation
> was deeply damaged by some things that I said. I mean, the guy was never
> even able to manage his own site. Whether it was Matt's WordPress.com
> (Matt and I are in good terms) or Dave's Weblogs.com, he has always been
> just a non-technical guest. His cocky attitude towards Microsoft got him
> a low-paying daytime job as a blogger.

Huh?

I don't see any of this in Erik's post.

--