Re: Use Google Yahoo Pesting with Flash Player 8

__/ [ edinny ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 16:03 \__

> Yahoo keeps pesting to load Flash Player 8
> I am going to use Google exclusively if it keeps up.

Yahoo have a deal/pact/alliance with Adobe, who acquired Macromedia last
year. This includes Flash. People (well, Mikkel to be specific) have nagged
in the past about the tight coupling between Acrobat Reader and the Yahoo
Toolbar (each of which insists on installing the other). This doesn't apply
to Linux and I am not sure about Apple. If I were you, I would avoid it as a
matter of principle. It's stubborn add-ware (sic), shoving into your hands
junk that you never requested.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:30pm  up 41 days 23:03,  10 users,  load average: 1.67, 1.02, 1.01