Re: [News] A Partitioning Live CD

__/ [ Chanchao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 20 June 2006 11:31 \__

> RS> ,----[ Quote ]
> RS> | GParted LiveCD 0.2.5-1 ( Gnome Partition Editor ) is a must have Live
> CD RS> | for any Linux User that like to play around with their partitions.
> This RS> | LiveCD worked flawlessly on my test machine. Please read full
> review! RS> `----
> RS>
> RS>                 http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php/?m=show&id=2358
> RS>
> RS> ...Could become handy when preparing a machine for Linux
> installation/s. This RS> includes a graphical interface to partitioning.
> The screenshots show how RS> intuitive partitioning becomes. Much like
> burning a CD...
>
> Errr...  Ubuntu already includes it for their Desktop CD (Live CD that also
> installs, graphically of course).

True. That's the first thing that I thought of when I saw the GParted Live CD
screenshots:

http://easylinux.wordpress.com/2006/04/30/ubuntu-dapper-drake-beta-installation-from-live-cd/

Popular page, that one...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 166 total,   1 running, 157 sleeping,   0 stopped,   8 zombie